So I have been reading A LOT lately.
My girlfriend Moe made me read Stephanie Meyers Twilight series. Yes, She made me! LOL I had heard about them before with the movie release & Trevor's little girl friends; however, I did not know what they were about. Any who, Moe & several of her friends had read them & really liked them so I thought "what the hell?"
The first book Twilight I loved & wanted to read more. I thought the story was well written with a variety of different characters. I understand why so many young girls are obsessed with the book as I believe it grasped the concept of first love very well.
The second book New Moon was just as good as the first. Bella's pain seemed to mirror how we felt as teenagers & the whole "my world is going to end" philosophy that so many teens acquire. Looking back as adults, we can now think "How silly" or "it was not that bad" but at the time it feels like 2 months last forever or the pain is unbearable. Silly kids!
The third book was Eclipse and my least fave. It was still good however not as good as the first. I did love the growing relationships between certain characters and the evolution of Jacob as a character. I absolutely adored the friendship between Jacob & Bella.
Breaking Dawn, the last book finished the series pretty well. I thought the twist were great and Stephanie Meyer left the door open for more books later down the road.
I tried not to give any plot detail away so that's why it is so vague.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment