Sunday, April 26, 2009

Random thoughts from this weekend

This week was pretty strange for me. It was good for my husband to be home from school, it amazes me how alone I can feel at times even though I have such an amazing support group of friends & family. Sometimes the phone & the computer just doesn't replace actual face to face communications! So my husband was home & we were back to the grind, dinner, cleaning, bills etc... You all know how that goes but the excitement of him being home was muddled by the knowledge that once again I would be alone all weekend.

Then on Thursday my dear friends house was broken into. It made me so angry that these people came into her home & in 20 minutes completely gutted the whole thing. The kids game systems, (who steals from kids???), tossing a babies room (again who does that?), completely turning her room upside down. In 20 minutes they took my friends safe and secure home and violated it. People Suck (plain & simple)! My friend is an adult & she can handle this kind of thing but how do you do that to children? I can say that my friend has amazing strength though & she will deal with this all amazingly like she always does.

I spent WAY to much time on facebook & myspace this weekend looking at pics of old friends & talking to a few. It amazes me how far my group of high school friends have come. Some bonds are still there, while other bonds I miss a lot but regardless of whether I talk to them or see there picture on another site it makes me sentimental for the good ole days. Funny thing is I love my life now, the person I am now & the good ole days were not that good.

I think the thing I miss the most is the bond of having a group of friends who at the time our whole lives revolved around. Most of us were as screwed up as can be, though I will say there were a few normal ones in the group, very few. Also the feeling of being young, reckless, and carefree. How can you not look back & feel a little sentimental when there are bills to pay, mouths to feed & you hold the fate of people's lives in your hands? So much responsibilities vs none; it's easy to see why I may look back at high school & think the good ole days when in my head I am SO glad to be away from those days.

Then there are the friends that haven't changed; they still live there lives w/ the philosophy we held as kids. This is not a judgement of their lives now just a reflection. I wonder how we got out & they didn't. Could I had made a difference if I talked more to them, visited more often, instead of leaving the past behind as I did ? or would I have been sucked right back in if I would have stayed in touch? I know I am big on personal responsibilities and choices. We all had a choice, we all came to a crossroads in our lives and chose a path but I still cannot help but feel a little guilty at times. Then I look at the friends that did make something out of their lives, they are happy and thriving and I can smile again!

A few of my old friends may read this & I would just like to say I Love You Guys & I am so happy that you are still part of my life!

Brian is on his way home today, as he was just gone for the weekend :) The races went well and him & his unit were able to earn a lot of money for there ball fund! He is tired but he had such a great time. For those of you who do not know, he was working at the Pinks All Out, drag racing in Charlotte NC. They had the Marines selling beer & cooking food. Trust me when I tell you this is such a scary thought!

I have been debating lately on whether to join LINKS & the Family Readiness program. I feel really disconnected as a Marine Wife & i know these two programs are a great way to reconnect with that part of my life.

I am trying to find a good balance because I tend to lose myself into things, whether its being a mother, a friend, a marine wife, a student, etc... I need a balance that allows me to be ME & all these things as well. if I figure it all out, maybe I will blog about it LOL

Okay long reflection, rant, blog, whatever you feel like calling it is now over! Thanks for enduring it for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment