coruscate \KOR-uh-skayt\
verb:
1. To give off or reflect bright beams or flashes of light; to sparkle.
2. To exhibit brilliant, sparkling technique or style.
So if you look to the left of my blog I have a word of the day widget. Most of the words have been words I would not use in my everyday life; however, I had to smile when I say today's word!
Does this mean Edward coruscates?
My silliness for the day :)
I am having trouble finding the book that my friend Katy recommended for me (Argh!!!). I am convinced it is because I live in a small town. I am making a trip to both libraries today so hopefully my search today will be prosperous!
life has been pretty calm this week as I am sick and slept most of the week away. If one more person implies I have the swine flu though I might scream!
Speaking of the Swine Flu or I should say, H1N1, since the swine flu makes people want to run out & slaughter any pig in sight; what is the fuss all about? I understand that people are afraid of the unknown however the "common" flu kills thousands of people a year and the CDC does not close schools or isolate flu carriers when there is an outbreak. There are about ten marines and two children with H1N1 on the base where Brian works, he has been in contact with at least one this week. If by chance we get sick will get through it just as we do when we come down with the common flu. On Monday another elementary school in Austin's district was closed down for the week because one child had been suspected of having H1N1. A week of working parents scrambling to find childcare for their children, or having to take the week off. Luckily the district came to their senses & reopened the school on Wednesday. of course I think that the citizens need to take the proper precautions not to spread this flu around but let's not get hysterical about the matter. If your sick, stay home. That's what I did this week & I wasn't even running a fever.
Speaking of the school that closed down; the sign announcing the closure said "Do to health issues.... (blah, blah, blah...)". You would think that either the school officials or the county health officials would spell check their notices before printing them out! Hehe...
So most of you who read my myspace or facebook know that i have had issues with the schools here. On Monday, I received a frantic call from my husband asking me where Austin was. Being that it was 4:30 i told him he was home, doing his chores. He then proceeded to inform me that he was sitting in the hospital parking lot because after checking his messages he was informed that "his child" was at the bases urgent care and the doctor needed to speak with him. Brian working on base jumped in his car & went straight there, inquired about Austin & of course the no one had any clue what he was talking about.
So after I talk to Brian & reassure him that Austin was fine I called the elementary school & they had NO CLUE what I was talking about. I called Brian back, got the number that called him & then I called them. It was the High School; of course! I was informed that a child had been taken to urgent care at 9:30 am, mind you the call came to Brian at 3:30 pm! The "gentleman" told me that he didn't know what I was talking about, how did I know they called?, no one called me, blah, blah, blah... He then told me that he would investigate the matter if I gave him a better lead. LOL
I didn't want him to investigate I just wanted to ensure that it didn't happen again and that the proper parent was called. IDIOTS!!!!
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment